Monday, March 16, 2015

This week.

This week is one I dread every year.  Leading up to the birthday of my son born silently.  This year is 11.

I emptied my heart completely in October when I made it about 10 days into a 30 day writing challenge with other moms about our losses.  It ripped me to pieces to go through that exercise.  But is also was very freeing and healing to share my story and my heart.

This year I want to write a few posts this week about lessons learned from my sweet boy. Today love.

Love is God. God is love. He loves us more than we know. He has loved us since the beginning of time.  He will love us forever.

I think we get so caught up in the details, the do's and don'ts, that we lose sight of the love of God.  This morning the sunrise sky reminded my of His love.  Last week a beautiful flower in an ugly forest showed me.  He is there. He loves me.




How different would we, would I, live if we/I truly lived in that kind of love??  Perfect love.  His perfect love.  Perfect love casts out fear.  Fear involves punishment and the one who fears is NOT perfected in love.  (I John 4:18)  I am perfect in His love,  I am whole.  I am beautiful.  I am so loved.  And so are you.  

Abide in that love.  Live in it.  Float in it.  Swim in it.  BE in it.  Let it carry you as it did me through a horrific time yet one I wouldn't trade for the world.  No mother should bury a child.  No person should be without God's love.  

Empty arms ache.  A still womb is not natural.  Empty hearts ache.  Still souls are not how we are to live.  

Live life.  Don't miss a moment. Always see the beauty with the ugliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment